Wellness Coach, Speaker, Author
Meet Coach Cami
Cami is a professional Health and Wellness Coach, speaker, and author of an Amazon Best-Seller book, Mindful Pause: A Self-Care Guide to Resilience and Well-Being.
Coach Cami specializes in holistic wellness, positive psychology coaching, personal growth, and resilience strategies including meditation, mindfulness, yoga, imagery, and other modalities. As a certified HeartMath® Trainer, she uses heart-rhythm feedback to support and train self-regulation skills.
As a wellness and resilience expert, Coach Cami has collaborated with business, education, non-profit and healthcare sectors. As a contracted Wellness professional at a large Twin Cities urban hospital, Cami has engaged a variety of departments with coaching/consulting work:
- Food and Nutrition Services: to cope with change during departmental move
- Breast Cancer Clinic: to improve engagement scores
- Birth Center: to support resilience and self-care through expanding services and transition to new facility
- Emergency Department: “Critical Incident” support, On-Boarding of new employees, wellness support for nursing residency program, team huddles
- Nursing Department: Charge nurse and preceptor training, nurse skills days training
- Security: support resilience
- Case Managers: book discussion and group coaching to support well-being and resilience
- Human Resources: to coach employees that express interest in resilience coaching to support their job performance issues
Additionally, Cami has provided coaching support for physician well-being at Beth Israel and Emory University programs.
Other clients have included:
Twin City metro hospitals
Bristol Myers Squibb
WI Solo and Small Law Firms
Women’s Health Leadership TRUST
MN Alliance for Patient Safety
In addition to being a Wellness Coach, Cami is a dynamic and engaging speaker to general audiences on the topics of Emerge Stronger: A Path to Post-Traumatic Growth; Rock Solid Resilience; The Power of Positive Emotion, Strengths, and Thriving through Change; Rest: An Essential Self-Care Practice; Stress Mastery; Mindfulness and Well-Being.
Guided Resilience supports those seeking to thrive at work, in their family life, and all dimensions of their well-being. The Mindful Pause process supports efforts to stop the incessant pace and intensity of life, breathe your way to stability and ease, think about your self-care and growth process, and choose a life of purpose and intention aligned with strength and values.
Guided Resilience leads to feeling grounded, growing, and gifted!
Cami’s husband, Steve, is a cardiologist and Cami’s window into the healthcare world for more than 30 years. Cami’s mother was a nurse and father was an entrepreneur, so her passion for Guided Resilience aligns with her familial model of service and disciplined commitment to personal and family well-being as much as her professional education and training.
Cami has three children. Her oldest lives with a chronic immune disease, her middle child works in politics, and her son experienced his senior year and college prep amid the pandemic crisis…so Cami’s own personal life is a petri dish for practicing Mindful Pause skills and practices.
Cami’s Standard Poodle, Rollie, is an important presence to her own well-being. Cami seeks out the healing qualities of the natural world… exploring the outdoors regularly for exercise and play.
Cami’s own resilience has been fortified by enduring the loss of an aunt and grandmother to cancer and parents suffering and dying from Alzheimers. Cami has met with support groups and faith-based organization to share how Guided Resilience can support well-being during difficult life moments and loss.
“Working with Cami I quickly learned that she wasn’t going to help me identify or achieve my goals by giving me dazzling advice. Instead, Cami encouraged me to reflect and ask the right questions. The kind of questions that help me evaluate my views and perceptions in more meaningful, creative and empowering ways.”
- MA in Holistic Health Studies, University of St. Catherine, St. Paul, MN
- MA in Physical Education, University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, IA
Certifications & Additional Training
- Nationally Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach
- WellCoaches® Certified Professional Health and Wellness Coach
- WellCoaches® Certified Health and Wellness Coach
- Yogafit® Instructor – Level 5
- Circle of Life™ Health and Wellness Coach
- HeartMath® Certified Trainer
Health Partners – (Regions Hospital, Lakeview Hospital, and Stillwater Medical Group), Woodwinds Hospital, American Heart Association, American Cancer Society, Metropolitan Regional Arts Council, Hospice, Audubon Center of the North Woods, Gillette Children’s Hospital, Well Within – a non-profit holistic wellness resource center, and numerous support groups.
Professional Activities & Memberships
- International Positive Psychology Association
- American College of Sports Medicine
- National Wellness Institute
- International Dance Exercise Association
Yoga, Running, Biking, Hiking, Cross-Country Skiing, SCUBA, Sailing
Let’s get started
Hire Coach Cami today.
Our programs and pricing are completely customizable – from hourly to half day, full day, or multiple day sessions. Based on intake conversations, we work with clients to determine their specific needs. Contact us today and let’s discuss your goals!